Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween for 2013!





I saw several versions of this in magazines this year and I like it because it so easy and because designing your own candy jars (which can be reused for other seasons) presents endless ways to apply the decorations.  I saw "store bought" ones for as much as $49.00 each for the large size.  These are dine store jars, square shaped but round work just as well.  You can paint the lids black with craft paint or any other color that goes with your design. I got out my chalkboard paint below but decided to leave them silver after all. The window clings above are from Dollar General and they work great!  Buy extra to use to stick your shapes on instead of glue so you can reuse your jars.  Some of the craft magazines showed the faces painted on with black craft paint suitable for glass using a stencil.  The masked face in the middle is a Martha Stewart window cling.  The candy is the bonus and won't last long at my house.


The pumpkins are Martha Stewart pumpkin transfers and work with a damp cloth and pressure on pumpkins instead of carving but I found they work great on the glass jars as well. To the left are Martha Stewart glass transfers to use as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! Halloween is my favorite and every year I convert my house into an event space where everybody is invited and we have plenty of games and drinks. This time I am decorating it in a very different way and will try to make it as horrifying as possible.

    ReplyDelete